The college application process can be challenging for students and parents. We want everything to go smoothly with no delays. Deadlines are important! But when things outside the control of students and parents happen, it can introduce stress into the process.
This is the case now with both the ACT and the SAT. We have been notified that scores will be delayed in being sent to universities. The ACT scores are delayed because the scoring on the new writing section is taking longer. The SAT writing is also delaying the sending of the new SAT’s. Here is information from the College Board about the SAT:
Given this information, here is the advice that we have for students applying for early action:
- First, don’t panic! We work hard to not let delays out of a student’s control impact their admissions process.
- Next, sit tight. These issues could be resolved in the coming weeks. We often receive test scores for early action applicants in late November and we can still review applications by the mid-December release.
- Please refrain from sending us screen prints of your test scores (something ACT recommended students do.) We can’t do anything with these screen shots of scores – we do need to wait to receive the official scores.
- Don’t wait to apply – go ahead and submit your application by the Nov. 1 early action deadline. The test scores can arrive later.
- Be sure to have UVM added to the list of schools to receive your test scores – this will expedite the scores arriving to us.
We continue to monitor the situation carefully and anticipate that the test scores will begin to be sent in the coming weeks. Feel free to let us know if we should wait on new test scores. Also, you may receive incomplete notices from us before those scores arrive. You can always check on your application status on our website using the login ID and PIN we sent to you.
We are here to help! We, too, are anxious to receive your test scores. We know that they will come! Please be in touch if we can answer any of your questions.