The Class of 2018 is taking shape as May 1 nears in less than a week. This time of year is exciting for all universities, including UVM, as we discover who will be the newest members of our community. I’ve watched the posts on Twitter of students “making it official” when they choose UVM. The Facebook page is filled with students who are making orientation meet ups and roommate selections. It’s truly remarkable when this group of students who come from across the U.S. and the world come together to forever make a mark on UVM.
Since yesterday morning, more than 100 students have paid their acceptance fee and have said yes to UVM. Who are some of these newest members of the Class of 2018? Here’s a sampling…..
- a student who plans to study nursing and who has lived in the U.S., France and Switzerland, and who has moved ten times in her life.
- a student who plans to study animal science and is a counselor at a horse camp and who is an education assist at the Buffalo Zoo.
- an actress who has played Peter Pan and Sarah Brown in school and community productions.
- the founder and president of Cookies for a Cause, a service organization that raises money for local and international charities.
- a student-athlete who has been named to the Indiana All-State first-team in basketball.
- a writer selected to attend the New England Young Writer’s Conference at Breadloaf.
- a student who played the lead in a play performed in Spanish during a school year abroad program in Spain.
- an engineering student who participated in New York’s New Visions Engineering program.
This is just a sample of those who have recently joined UVM’s Class of 2018. We are excited to meet the rest as they say yes to UVM in the coming week. We look forward to answering any last questions. Can’t wait to see who will say yes next.